Saturday, August 28, 2010

Heat Wave

We have been having a heat wave here in the San Joaquin Valley this past week with temperatures of up to 110 for several days.  Needless to say, it has been pretty hot in the garage so I did not get much done out there. Not living in the land of basements puts a real cramp on model railroading in California.  I have a room upstairs that is about the same size as the garage space I am using but when we moved in about 6 years ago I was and still am interested in building and displaying HO dioramas so the room is dedicated to that pasttime.  Someday I will post some photos of what's going on in that room.





I put in some retaining walls on the trestle and started to rough in some scenery.  The emphasis is on rough.  I will be refining it in the future.  Right now I am just searching for what looks right and so far this isn't it.











The only other thing I managed to get done this week is a little more hot wire work on the land forms.  I am just working out some general land forms and hope to pull it all together with some plaster and some rock work.  That and a lot of trees and undergrowth should give the effect I am looking for.

I hope to have more progress to report in the future.

2 comments:

william Weltyk said...

Hi Larry,
Understand the heat problem totally. Still some progress is better than no progress.

Bill

Larry Baker said...

Hi Bill,

So little time, so much to do.